Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin
Platelets play a critical role in wound healing. Dr. Maranon utilizes Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin (L-PRF) as an adjunct in many of his surgical procedures.
In the process, a patient’s own platelets are concentrated in a centrifuge. These platelets contain viable cells and biologic mediators that include growth factors and cytokines that are beneficial and accelerate healing.
Obtaining L-PRF does not require any artificial biochemical modification and no foreign substances are added in the process.
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.818-990-5500 Appointments Map & Driving Directions
Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin Beneficial outcomes:
- Promising results when used in implant surgeries. Studies have shown strong positive results of the effect of L-PRF in implant surgeries specifically in:
- Improved implant prognosis
- Enhancing bone regeneration
- Superior bone density after bone grafting
- Increased new bone formation
- Proposed in managing bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis of the jaw