George A. Maranon, D.D.S., M.D.
Meet Encino Oral Surgeon Dr. Maranon
Dr. Maranon is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and has been practicing his specialty in the San Fernando Valley since 1993. He earned his bachelor’s degree from UCLA and a dental degree from the UCLA School of Dentistry.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires additional hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. Dr. Maranon completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the Westchester County Medical Center and served as Chief resident in 1991. In addition, he went on to earn his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1993. Dr. Maranon is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He manages a wide variety of conditions relating to the mouth, teeth, and facial regions.
Dr. George Maranon practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise that includes:
Dr. Maranon has expertise in techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. He can also diagnose and treat oral pathology, facial pain, and traumatic facial injuries and fractures.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Dr. Maranon is on the medical staff of the Providence Cedars Sinai Tarzana Medical Center. He has lectured on general anesthesia, dental implants, and orthognathic (jaw) surgery
- Dr. Maranon is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the California Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Among his many leadership positions, Dr. Maranon has served as president of both the San Fernando Valley Dental Society and the UCLA Dental Alumni Association
- Spending 2 weekends a year volunteering around the state, Dr. Maranon has been very involved with CDA Cares. He has gone to Uganda to provide oral surgery to those in need and hopes to continue his “giving back” as he feels that is the best thing one can do with their talents
- Dr. Maranon serves with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as the chairman of the Anesthesia Committee
- Member of the Continuing Education Committee
- Member of the Legislative Committee of the California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- He is a General Anesthesia evaluator for the California Dental Board
- Founding Member of the UCLA Appolonian’s Society
- Has served as Trustee of the California Dental Association
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
Dr. Maranon is married and has two sons and two grandchildren. He enjoys spending time with his wife and family, dancing, bike riding, volunteering his time and talent, and cooking.
Do You Have Missing Teeth or Serious Pain in Your Teeth or Jaw?
Call Us Now to Reclaim a Pain-Free, Confident Smile!