Dental Emergency Appointments in Encino CA
What is Considered a Dental Emergency during the Pandemic
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are currently recommending that oral and maxillofacial surgeons close their offices to all but emergency care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The American Dental Association (ADA) has provided guidelines to help patients understand what constitutes a dental emergency. These are only guidelines. When in doubt, please contact Dr. Maranon by dialing the office telephone number: Encino CA Oral Surgery Office Phone Number 818-990-5500. He will discuss your best course of action. The following are considered dental emergencies:
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Painful swelling in or around your mouth or jaw
- Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- After surgery treatment (dressing change, suture removal)
- Broken or Avulsed (knocked out tooth) due to trauma
- Jaw fractures or skin lacerations
- Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
If you are experiencing any of the above or would like more information, please call our Encino office at Encino CA Oral Surgery Office Phone Number 818-990-5500 or use our online Contact Us form below.